What is the AbbVie Innovation Midwest (AIM) Award?
The AIM Award presents the opportunity to receive seed funding from AbbVie Ventures and engage with AbbVie scientific and business executives.
Seed funding will vary depending on company area of focus, stage, technology and research plan, and will be subject to terms typical to seed rounds, as set forth in standard NVCA forms (see NVCA.org).
How do I know if I am eligible?
To be eligible to participate, the applicant must:
- be an entity formed under the laws of the United States at the time they receive the AIM Award;
- not have raised more than 5 million USD dollars in capital or have any sales revenue as of the time of application and the closing date for the contest;
- submit a complete application;
- represent and warrant that the applicant has read and agrees to abide by all requirements of these rules; and
- not be affiliated with or employed by AbbVie including as an employee, contractor, officer or director of AbbVie and including as an immediate family member of an AbbVie officer or director (including parents, spouses, children, siblings or any individual residing in the household (whether or not related))
When will I be able to use my AIM award?
The top four proposals will be announced in August and semi-finalists will be invited for an in-person presentation.
Companies must be financially and scientifically ready to execute on the submitted research plan within six months of receiving the AIM Award.
Where can I find more details on AbbVie’s areas of focus for external innovation?
Please refer to our Corporate Strategy Organization’s brochure: https://www.abbvie.com/partnerships/areas-of-interest.html
I have additional questions. Who should I contact?
Please email [email protected]