We offer various types of support. See below for details.
Additional Request Types
Other request types include independent educational research, fellowships, scholarships and independent screening programs and health fairs.
Educational research grants assist in data collection and analysis
geared toward determining patient or public healthcare trends. They
foster increased understanding/knowledge of scientific, clinical or
health care issues that will contribute to the enhancement of patient
care through educational methodologies, activities or
- Data mining an existing database to identify unmet needs or knowledge gaps
- Qualitative research to understand
Funding for this type of grant cannot be provided directly to individual HCP’s/customers, clinical investigators and their staff, group practices, physician practices, management companies or provider medical groups.
- Studies directed at studying the actions of AbbVie products, clinical research trials, or investigative initiated studies.
Screening programs and health fairs include financial assistance to independent third-parties to support costs associated with the third-party’s Health Screening Programs to assist patients with self-assessment.
- Disease state screening or disease state testing events
- Anticipated costs for testing supplies, rental fees
- Modest food buffets allowed
- Employee staffing costs such as overtime or hiring extra personnel to work at an event
- Purchase of equipment
- HCP/customer must not bill the patient or third-party for the screening activity or for screening related items and services received free from AbbVie or for an office visit if the screening is not part of a regular office visit.
Fellowships are financial assistance provided to a university, medical school or nonprofit organization for fellowship programs to support educational or research activities of HCP’s in training. AbbVie may not participate in the selection of the recipient.
- Funds to a university or 501(c)(3) to support the ongoing education of a fellow or resident
- May support a large
fellowship program or an individual fellow
- Support of educational or research activities
- Reasonable stipend/salary and textbooks
- Expenses for tools and equipment
- Funds for the
purpose of purchasing educational items with an independent value
(e.g. laptop, smart phone, tablet)
Scholarships include financial assistance for medical students, residents, fellows and other HCPs in training to attend major educational, scientific or policymaking meetings of national or regional specialty medical associations. Must be given to an academic or training institution that selects recipients of funds.
- Provide financial support to a university to send a
fellow/other HCP in training to a national conference
- Registrations for meetings
- Reasonable travel expenses
- Funds cannot be used for obtaining or maintaining an